About the Law Library
The Coleman Karesh Law Library is an academic, research library with the primary goal of supporting the work of the faculty and students of the School of Law and the University. The Law Library also actively serves the University community, the government, the South Carolina bar, and the citizens of this state. With over 500,000 volumes or volume equivalents, we are the largest law library in South Carolina and one of the larger in the southeast. The Law Library’s collections encompass American law, the legal history of South Carolina, and foreign, international and comparative law.
- Library Hours
- Library Directory
- Library History
- Library Brochure
- The Addendum: The Coleman Karesh Law Library Newsletter
- Recent Acquisitions
A. General Rules
- Do not bring food into the library.
- Drinks must be in containers with tops or lids.
- Do not reshelve the books you have been using. Place them on the carts provided.
- Keep conversations, including cell phone use, as quiet and as brief as possible.
- Law Library computers are for research and academic use. The library reserves the right to ask those not engaged in such use to vacate the machines.
- Computer labs close and copy machines are turned off 15 minutes before the library closes.