Connecting to Databases Off-campus and on the Wireless Network
The Law Library proxy server enables remote access to the Law Library's electronic resources (journals, indexes, databases) for authorized University of South Carolina (USC) School of Law students, faculty and staff. To use this service, please follow the directions below carefully.
- You must be a registered USC School of Law, or faculty or staff with a valid USC ID.
- The Law Library recommends you use a recent version of a recent browser (Firefox, Internet Explorer, Opera, Safari). The Law Library does not recommend using older browsers (Netscape).
- To access a resource, select the resource from the Limited Access Electronic Resources. You will be sent to the authentication page:
- Each time you start a connection to a library resource, you will be asked for your last name and password (the last four digits of your USC ID) on the authentication page. You will only need to give this username and password once during each session.
- You may receive a warning related to the server certificate. Simply select the option allowing the certificate to be accepted temporarily.
- Your selected resource will appear in a new window.
Close and restart your browser. Authentication information about your session should be deleted unless you have instructed your browser to retain it.
If you have problems connecting, please call the Law Library Reference Desk, 803-777-5902 (Monday - Friday) the Law Library Circulation Desk, 803-777-1726, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.