2013 Memory Hold The Door Honorees
The Memory Hold The Door induction ceremony was held on January 24, 2013 at the Myrtle Beach Marriott during the 2013 South Carolina Bar Convention in Myrtle Beach, S.C. The 2013 Memory Hold The Door inductees are:
During Orientation, examples from four Memory Hold The Door biographies are cited to highlight the professional virtues that law students and lawyers should cultivate. In addition, the law library mounts a display that celebrates the lives and accomplishments of the four Memory Hold The Door honorees. The attorneys honored in the current display are:
- Christie Benet (1879 - 1951)
- He was "a man of rugged honesty and a great advocate before juries. A life of service that brought him eminence at the Bar and distinction as a public servant and citizen."
- Sylvan Lewenthal Rosen (1913-1996)
- "Sylvan Rosen was a skillful trial lawyer … (a) splendid lawyer who served his community and his profession so well."
- John Calvin Bruton (1907-1969)
- "Cheerful and optimistic in adversity, a firm friend, legal scholar, imaginative and thorough, a fine lawyer."
- The Honorable Carol Connor (1950- 2004)
- "Her legal decisions will continue to guide the law of this State, as her example of a life superbly and splendidly lived will continue to inspire all who know her or may come to know of her." (quote from the SC Judicial Department website)
The display is located on the first floor of the library, between the South Carolina Legal History Collection and the Attorneys Room.