Memory Hold The Door
William Thomas Aycock (1868–1928)
William Aycock received an A.B. degree from the University of South Carolina and an LL.B. from Columbia University. In 1906, he married Miss Mary MacDonald Stewart of Nashville, Tennessee. He practiced law in Columbia, South Carolina for more than twenty years and served as a member of the University of South Carolina Law Faculty from 1920 until his death in 1928.
A member of Phi Beta Kappa and the Kosmos Club, he also belonged to the American Bar Association, the South Carolina Bar, and the Richland County Bar. He served as a member of the South Carolina House of Representatives and as a Special Circuit Judge. He was a Mason and a member of the Order of Knights of Phythias.
A plaque dedicated to William Thomas Aycock Plaque, found in the School of Law lobby.
“Advocate, legislator, judge, teacher and citizen, he acquitted himself of each with distinction and enriched, beyond his time, the Community that he graced.”