International Law Society
Welcome to the web site of the International Law Society (ILS) at the University of South Carolina School of Law. This web site was created to facilitate access to information regarding developments in international law and to foster interest and communication pertaining to various topical areas of international law. Thank you for visiting our website. If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, please contact us using one of the methods listed below.
The purpose of the International Law Society is to bring prominent issues of international law to students, to increase student interest in and understanding of international and comparative law, to acquaint students with opportunities to study and work in international law, and to provide a forum for international legal scholars and practitioners to discuss international law.
Upcoming ILS Events
- Next Meeting: Job Opportunities in International Law
- Date & Time: TBD
- Location: TBD
- Come hear from professors about different opportunities in international law, how to prepare for an international career, and what employers look for. Professors will share their personal experiences as international practitioners and offer practical advice to help get you where you want to be.
Upcoming Campus Events
For even more events, check out the calendar for the Walker Institute of International and Area Studies.
U.S. Department of State Student Internship Program (Unpaid) - 2014 Summer
- Application Details:
- Application deadline: Friday, November 1, 2013.
- Applicants can choose 2 bureaus
- Please view the brochure for more information on the agencies, as well as general internship information.
- Internship Details:
- Full-time (40 hours/week)
- Open to U.S. citizen undergraduate and graduate students
- Postal address
- 701 Main Street, Columbia, South Carolina 29208