Take Charge of Loan Repayment Seminar
February 26, 2014
Are you concerned about your student loans and how you'll manage repaying them? You're probably not alone. The good news is that repayment can be manageable (and affordable) if you have a strategy for success. We are sponsoring a one-hour seminar on loan repayment for all interested students. We've invited Dr. Jeffrey E. Hanson to come speak with you about this important issue. He is a nationally recognized expert on student loan repayment and the options that are available to you in managing this important financial responsibility.
This interactive session will focus on the following elements in developing your own strategy and provides suggestions for loan repayment success:
- Understanding your loan terms and conditions
- Knowing how much you have to repay and to whom
- Defining your short- and long-term financial goals
- Developing an affordable budget plan and estimating how much you can afford to pay each month on your debt
- Selecting the repayment plan that best achieves your goals given what you can afford to pay each month
- Understanding your options if you cannot afford to make a loan payment when one is due
- Taking advantage of loan forgiveness programs when you qualify for them
- Keeping good financial records
The program will take place, Tuesday, February 26th at 12:40pm in the auditorium. Lunch will be served.