Competitions are listed by chronologically by deadline date.
- Notre Dame Law School Smith-Doheny Legal Ethics Writing Competition
- Topic: Any issue within the general category of Legal Ethics
- Questions: 574-631-6749
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: http://www.nd.edu/~ndlaw/writing_competitions/smith_doheny.pdf
- Deadline: All entries must be received before 5:00pm, Friday, April 25, 2014.
- The Law School Admission Council's Diversity Committee Announces A Writing Competition on Best Practices for Recruitment and Retention of Students of Color and Students from Other Underrepresented Groups in Law Schools
- Questions: Please send your inquiries to the LSAC Diversity Initiatives Office, DiversityOffice@LSAC.org
- Topic: What techniques, resources and strategies should law schools utilize to recruit and retain students of color and other students who are from groups underrepresented in law schools and the legal profession?
- Deadline: No later than 5:00PM EST on Thursday, May 1, 2014.
- The International Association of Defense Counsel 2014 Legal Writing Contest
- Questions: Melisa Maisel at email@example.com
- Subject: Entries must be submitted in the English language on a subject of practical concern to lawyers engaged in the defense or management of the defense of civil litigation, such as relevant aspects of tort law, insurance law, civil procedure, evidence, damages, alternative dispute resolution procedures, and professional ethics.
- Deadline: Entries must be received on or before Friday, May 16, 2014.
- The Judge John R. Brown Scholarship Foundation Award for Excellence in Legal Writing
- Website: www.brownsims.com/about-brown-sims/affiliations/judge-john-r-brown-award\
- Deadline: Must be postmarked no later than June 6, 2014
- 2014 American Inns of Court Warren E. Burger Prize
- Info: Cindy Dennis at firstname.lastname@example.org or 800-233-3590 ext. 104
- Topic: Issues of excellence in legal skills, civility, ethics, and professionalism.
- Deadline: July 1, 2014